1. While attending college I switched majors six times in two years. Finally, with no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up, I returned home to work in a local dress shop.
2. Candleman proposed to me on our second date and I accepted. We had a week of dating before he left for Navy boot camp. He had been drafted into the Army but decided he would rather join the Navy. They let him. We were married during his one week leave after boot camp.
3. I went back to college when I was forty-one years old and majored in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. After graduating at the age of forty-four I became a high school science teacher. For several years I taught at the alternative high school and loved it.
4. I was totally inept with the spacing of my children. My first three were born within three years and my fourth came along eleven years later. All four children are girls. Candleman always said that some people have to take whatever they get, but we specialize!
5. I have fibromyalgia and so I hurt often and sometimes badly. I don't have an abundance of energy and need to sleep way more than I want to. Sometimes I go quite awhile without any disabling symptoms and I like those days immensely.
6. I like to take road trips with Candleman because he understands my foibles and provides leeway. Last summer we took a 5 week trip that took us across many states and into Canada. We went as far as St. John's, Newfoundland. We only had one disagreement the whole time, but it was one of the worst of our 35 years. Oh, and we also saw Lady Slipper Orchids and Puffins while in Newfoundland and the musical Anne of Green Gables while in PEI. Totally wonderful trip. Almost.
Now I get to tag six people. I always want to tag everyone I know, but I can't. Some of you hate to be tagged, so if I tag you just ignore it.
2. Chris at book-a-rama
3. Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty
4. Gautami Tripathy from My Own Little Reading Room
5 Lisa at Harper Hoorahs
6. Framed from Framed and Booked
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you
- Post the rules somewhere in your meme
- Write the six random things
- Tag six people in your post
- Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog
- Let the tagger know your entry is posted